RSD PREORDERS PROPOSAL - PHASE 1
Record Store Day INDIE PREORDER Plan & Proposal!
|PREORDER REQUIREMENTS - DEVELOPMENT
Broadtime is pleased to provide this following Requirements, Proposal and Pricing for the creation of a PREORDER SYSTEM for INDIES and LABELS.
Our goals for this project are to "create" something new and significant for Indie stores that enables them to particpate in new and critical marketing campaigns that are taking place at the time of product announcement and prior to street date.
In Phase 1, we will build a brand new preorder system where a unique set of stores can be flagged to participate, where labels can inform us, and importantly stores and Record Store Day can market and drive traffic and increased album sales to Record Stores.
We feel that this system will lead to much bigger things in the way of participation by stores and labels. As with many RSD initiatives, it will need to be easy and adopted by the respective communities to really take off.
There are several aspects to building and maintaining this system. We have listed all of the new things that we will build and maintain in order to make this system work. These features and requirements are discussed below.
Let's explore them together:
1. PREORDER BUTTON RSD. Changing the "BUY ONLINE" shown in the Search Results section of the Item Page on RSD. The button will now be date aware and display "PREORDER" rather than "BUY ONLINE" and change over on street date.
2. PREORDER FLAG for Search Results. We have to manage a different list of participating stores than the one we use for Indie Option participation, so there has to be programming of new "preorder" flag to designate participating preorder stores. This will affect which stores folks see when the item is a "PREORDER" versus a regular order. So it will have to be date specific.
3. GENRE FOR PREORDERS - HOME PAGE DESIGN. The main way that RSD will drive traffic to Preorders will be through the creation of a genre that "features" Preorders and is visible on the home page and on the /Genre page with a current list of Upcoming Releases titles. This genre will be the way RSD promotes the titles that labels call out for Indie Retail. (Broadtime customers will have a similar preorder genre).
5. CREATION OF LABEL SUBMIT PROCESS/FORM & DATABASE. In order to make this process successful in driving more Indie Preorders and label promotion we must create and develop an entire new software process and manager for tracking preorders that are being promoted both by the label as well as by RSD. The plan is for labels and manager to have a system for "telling us" when they are promoting a title at RSD via an artist website or social media. In return, once approved RSD will feature the preorder in the upcoming releases section of the site
The following is our planning for this entry screen:
(CLICK IMAGE FOR FULL MOCKUP VIEW)
6. CREATION OF REPORTING DATABASE. Once we have the entry form established, we will capture data into a new database table for managing the process and the history of the titles that are being promoted for preorder by the labels and RSD. This will enable us to have the knowledge of items to feature as well as participation levels by labels/managers.
7. ADMINISTRATION PLANNING & TRAVEL. A significant portion of the work on this project is figuring out the best method to solve the various issues and design of this process with collaboration from others. We must also flesh out how it would work with mockups and trial and walkthroughs on the user experience in order to arrive at the proper requirements to build for programming.
PREORDER REQUIREMENTS - MONTHLY PRODUCTION
Broadtime must manage and update the monthly titles that are being promoted and communicated by labels into the production cycle of RSD.
1. IDENTIFY PROMOTED TITLES. Once we have the entry form established, we will capture data into a new database table for managing the process and the history of the titles that are being promoted for preorder by the labels and RSD. This will enable us to have the knowledge of items to feature as well as participation levels by labels/managers.
2. PLACE & FEATURE. Getting the appropriate titles into the Preorder Genre from the input received from the labels and approved from the submission process. Managing the manual additions and deletions from the list each week.
2. COMMUNICATION WITH LABELS & STORES. Letting the stores and the labels know about the titles through the creation of weekly list and updating the RSD genre. We will also notify and update throughout all the Broadtime customers that will be participating in the preorder process.
2. METDATA SETUP. A significant amount of work is going to be chasing down and placing the assets prior to street date for these promoted titles. It is unclear how much hand work there will be or how much may be available through AEC and Superfile, but either way we must take the time to make sure the assets are correct.
INDIE PREORDER PROPOSAL
LEVEL 1 - INDIE PREORDER REQUIREMENTS
Startup = $4500
MONTHLY PRODUCTION AND PROGRAMMING - Estimate 10-12 hours / month
MONTHLY = $600
* Status of Superfile/AEC is still pending
PHASE 2 - in the planning phases as well, with the ability to plug into AEC with a