RSD PREORDERS PROPOSAL - PHASE 1 - Edited
Record Store Day INDIE PREORDER Plan & Proposal!
|PREORDER REQUIREMENTS - NEW STORE PREORDER SITE
Broadtime is pleased to provide this following Requirements, Proposal and Pricing for the creation of a PREORDER SYSTEM for INDIES and LABELS
There are several aspects to building and maintaining this system.
Let's explore them together:
1. PREORDER BUTTON RSD. Changing the button to on the Search Results page of Item Page on RSD to be date aware to change their button over to show "PREORDER" rather than "BUY ONLINE".
2. PREORDER FLAG for Search Results. We have to manage a different list of participating stores than the one we use for Indie Option participation, so there has to be programming of new "preorder" flag to designate particpating preorder stores. The will affect what stores folks see when the item is a "PREORDER" versus a regular order. So it will have to be date specific.
3. GENRE FOR PREORDERS - HOME PAGE DESIGN. The main way that RSD will drive traffic to Preorders will be through the creation of a genre that "features" Preorders and is visible on the home page and on the /Genre page with a current list of Upcoming Releases titles. This genre will be the way RSD promotes the titles that labels call out for Indie Retail. (Broadtime customers will have a similar preorder genre).
5. CREATION OF LABEL SUBMIT PROCESS/ EMAIL FORM & DATABASE . In order to make this process successful in driving more Indie Preorders and label promotion we must create and develop an entire new software process and manager for tracking preorders that are being promoted both by the label as well as by RSD. The plan is for labels and manager to have a system for "telling us" when they are promoting a title at RSD via on an artist website or social media. In return, once approved RSD will feature the preorder in the upcoming releases section of the site
6. CREATION OF REPORTING DATABASE. Once we have the entry form established, we will capture data into a new database table for managing the process and the history of the titles that are being promoted for preorder by the labels and RSD. This will enable us to have the knowledge of items to feature as well as participation levels by labels/managers.
7. ADMINISTRATION PLANNING & TRAVEL. A significant portion of the work on this project is figuring out the best method to solve the various aspects of this process with collaboration from others. We must also flesh out how it would work with mockups and trial and walkthroughs on the user experience in order to arrive at the requirements to build for programming.
PREORDER REQUIREMENTS - MONTHLY PRODUCTION
Broadtime must manage and update the monthly titles that are being promoted and communicated by labels into the production cycle of RSD.
1. IDENTIFY PROMOTED TITLES. Once we have the entry form established, we will capture data into a new database table for managing the process and the history of the titles that are being promoted for preorder by the labels and RSD. This will enable us to have the knowledge of items to feature as well as participation levels by labels/managers.
2. PLACE & FEATURE. Getting the appropriate titles into the Preorder Genre from the input received from the labels and approved from the submission process.
2. COMMUNICATION WITH LABELS & STORES. Letting the stores and the labels know about the titles through the creation of weekly list and updating the RSD genre. We will also notify and update throughout all the Broadtime customers that will be participating in the preorder process.
2. METDATA SETUP. A significant amount of work is going to be chasing down and placing the assets prior to street date for these promoted titles. It is unclear if this is going to be hand work or be assisted through AEC and Superfile, but either way we must take the time to make sure the assets are correct.
INDIE PREORDER PROPOSAL
LEVEL 1 - INDIE PREORDER REQUIREMENTS
Startup = $4500
MONTHLY PRODUCTION AND PROGRAMMING - Estimate 10-12 hours / month
MONTHLY = $600
* Status of Superfile/AEC is still pending